January 31, 2012

Jing Pro + making a wordcloud background transparent

Learned two things this morning and wanted to share with Life Feast readers.

First, I watched a video made by Carla Arena where first she uses her webcam video to introduce what she's going to show and then shares her desktop. I already had Jing installed in my laptop , however, not the Pro version which allows you to record your webcam video and also publish it easily in Youtube. http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html


image originally from Shelly Terrell's blog
Second, while reading a post by Shelly Terrell , I learned you can add wordclouds to images and make the background transparent. Idecided to try it out. It took me some time to find the place where to click, for this reason I decided to make a tutorial showing it step by step. Another great tip she gave is to use ~ between words of the same sentence. Ex: in this image she has the question How~do~schools~involve~parents? http://www.wordle.net/ + Powerpoint



This is the tutorial I made.

3 comments:

Ronaldo Lima Jr. said...

Very useful tutorial, Ana Maria. Thanks!

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Ronaldo, I'm so glad you found it useful. I had no idea we could do that.

Robert Butcher said...

Hi Ana Maria, thanks for sharing this tutorial, also really like Wordle as a visual learning tool!

You might also be interested Wordia (www.wordia.com) - a free educational resource that helps students learn through video and games-based learning.

We've recently introduced Game Builder which enables teachers to create their own vocabulary games and share with their students!

Would love to hear any feedback you might have!

Rob (robert@wordia.com)