August 14, 2012

Song APPS in the EFL classroom

I've been playing with some apps on my ipad and am plannig to try them out with my own students next week.

This week, they've learned how to talk about FUTURE POSSIBILITIES using WHEN, UNTIL, AS SOON AS, UNLESS and IF.

My plan is to ask each student to make a sentence using one of the words mentioned above using the First Conditional, then I intend to use my own Ipad to record them reading their sentences using SONGIFY. The app turns any sentence you read to a song. (for iphones or androids)

After making a songify song you can share the link via twitter, facebook or e-mail but it gives you no option of downloading it to your computer. Well, after asking for Dr. Google's help, I discovered in a great tutorial how to download the mp3 created by Songify. I'd need the mp3 audio to embed it in glogster posters or sending it to our class blog in posterous.

LISTENING ACTIVITY -With the recording done, I intend to play it to my students and see how many sentences they can write down.

Other similar apps are AUTORAP and TALKAPELLA

This is how it looks when someone clicks the shared link in facebook

This is the mp3 I've downloaded from songify.
http://khu.music.s3.amazonaws.com/songify_502a5db6d8bed.mp3
 And this is how it looks after being published   our activities blog.
http://room-of-ideas.posterous.com/testing-songify



I've learned how to download the MP3 from Songify from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DreHtfRuJdQ

I came accross this app by reading an amazing post from http://www.techchef4u.com/?p=2570 where Lisa Johnson shares Ms. Carnazzo's ilesson. She developed a project with her students and had them use Screenchomp, glogster and songify to produce content about the content they were studying.










2 comments:

Phil L. said...

I like it, kind of a clever way to do drills and help memorize. Had no idea something like this existed.

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Hi, Phil, I've tried in class with my students and it was quite nice.