May 10, 2013

My picks: IATEFL tech sessions

It's wonderful to see how much you can learn  (I was going to say "from your own couch") anywhere you are w/ a smartphone. In case you didn't have a chance to go to IATEFL 2013 personally, I've heard lots of people followed the conference via LIVERPOOL ONLINE . They recorded many of the sessions, unfortunately, not all. 

Like I said in a previous post, most of the sessions I attended were related to the Learning Technologies SIG.



These are some sessions I attended and truly recommend watching:

NICKY HOCKLY - Moving with the times: mobile literacy & ELT
 LUKE MEDDINGS and BURCY AKYOL - Unplugged and Connected: where ideas meet (DOGME + TECH)
 NIK PEACHEY - Evaluating web-based tools for language instruction
 RUSSELL STANNARD - Using technology to provide content-rich feedback
 GRAHAM STANLEY - Creative pedagogy, language learning and technology
 It's a pity I couldn't find the recordings of other SUPERB sessions I would love to share as well, such as : Carla Arena's, Joe Dale's , Gavin Dudeney's , Paul Driver's and some I didn't get to watch such as Shelly Terrell's, Heike Philip's and the list goes on.

 Hope you enjoy my selection.

No comments: